SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 7800 XT 16GB GAMING OC Video Card Review

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
Introduction At Gamescom 2023, AMD announced the AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT and Radeon RX 7700 XT video cards, based on the RDNA 3 architecture, to fulfill the Radeon RX 7000 lineup. The Radeon RX 7800 XT has an MSRP of $499, and the Radeon RX 7700 XT has an MSRP of $449. We published the specs announcement on August 25th, read that for the full press presentation and information about these new video cards, and also check out our full Radeon RX 7800 XT made-by-AMD reference video card review. In today’s review, we will be looking at the brand […]

See full article...

So AMD gives you close to RTX 4070Ti at less than RTX4070 price.

Time for an nvidia price drop yeeeeeeeeeeey ;) :D :D(y)

The only thing killing my desire for an AMD Graphics solution is the power draw.. sweet jesus they need help in efficiency in the worst way!

I thought no one cared about power in a desktop. That's why everyone is getting 1kW+ PSUs isn't it?
Yeah, it's funny when the exact same people who defended the nvidia 30 series power draw and said it wasn't important are now the ones bitching about Radeon power draw.

Ok s
I don't care if a card draws a lot of power. Just give me the performance.
Don't get me wrong, I care about efficiency. I just chuckle when I see people saying "I need a 1K+ PSU for my 4090 at 600W that's melting connectors" and then see people say "OMG 270W is too much!" in the same forum.

To be fair - this card is throwing out 4070 FE / Titype numbers, and nVidia pulls that at about 200W-260W depending on which side of that performance delta you want to flip over to (based on reviews published on this site, if you want to go check). AMD takes about 270W for the same performance. So yeah, it's a fair point that nVidia has a bit of an efficiency edge - but it isn't by a landslide.

In a mobile device, yeah 10-20W matters a good deal. In a desktop? That's almost a rounding error. Even if you are comparing it to the 4070, 70W at this range is significant, but not anything you'd have to go out of your way to build around - not like, say, a card that pulls 500W anyway... All the cards in this weight class (4070s and 7800s) are 200-300W cards - what we would have been top of the line with respect to thermal power a few years ago. But comparing it to today's power hungry top tier cards, these aren't anything terrible.

Become a Patron!
Back