Scalpers Have Now Sold Over 49,500 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs, Earning More Than $15 Million In Profit

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

Following up on his research from last month, Chicago-based Oracle data engineer Michael Driscoll has returned with an updated analysis that gives us an idea of how much bank scalpers are making from NVIDIA’s GeForce RTX 30 Series graphics cards. The reality is certainly maddening for enthusiasts who are on the sidelines and simply want to get their hands on one at MSRP, as Driscoll found that scalpers managed to sell at least 49,580 Ampere GPUs on eBay and sneaker site StockX for an incredible $15.2 million in profit (total sales were $61.5 million, $6.8...

Continue reading...

It is a bit surprising how much money is made.

I fully expect nvidia to raise prices for the next release. They might need to after the ARM acquisition fails.

I'm honestly surprised the number is that small. I would've thought it would be a lot more seeing as how you still can't find any video card in stock across the planet.

why not 50,000? :unsure: :unsure:

The good news about scalpers is that I got to sell my GTX1070Ti for more than I paid for more than 3 years ago.
It will be a hell of a deal if I manage to get an EVGA GTX3070 from the queue.

Ok guys.. 4:30 and 5pm Pacific time are when newegg releases cards. They announced this cadence on Twitter a long time ago. Monday's tend to be bigger drops for them. Jump on a twitch stream with a stock tracker 10 min before. Watch through and jump on links to try and get one. It might take a a few tries but that's how I got mine.

Become a Patron!
Back