Seasonic FOCUS GM-650 650W Power Supply Review

Paul_Johnson

Administrator
Staff member
Seasonic FOCUS GM-650

Seasonic is one of the older companies producing consumer power supplies having been founded in 1975 and entering the PC power supply production market in 1980. Seasonic is the OEM and ODM of this unit. During that more than 30 years as a company, Seasonic has cultivated lines of power supplies that are today some of the standard-bearers for efficiency and quiet computing. This focus, and its reputation for quality, has to lead to an explosion in production as Seasonic can be found providing OEM services on various model lines for Antec, XFX, Corsair, PC Power and Cooling, and of course under its own Seasonic brand among many more. Today, we will be looking at one of Seasonic’s own branded units the FOCUS GM-650 (FOCUS-GM-650/SSR-650FM)...

Continue reading...

As always, an excellent review Paul!

Nice little PSU. I don't mind the "semi"-modular design of it either. You're going to be hooking up the ATX and ATX Power cables anyways, no real reason they have to be modular.

Nice review. I'm running a 550W Seasonic Focus PSU in my wife's PC here with no issues, and decided to go with the 1000W Seasonic in my main PC which has also been rock solid. Always liked their warranties.

Nice little PSU. I don't mind the "semi"-modular design of it either. You're going to be hooking up the ATX and ATX Power cables anyways, no real reason they have to be modular.
Does make installation / cable management a bit easier when you have a bit more flexibility in routing by virtue of having both ends free, but yeah, your going to use them no matter what.

Become a Patron!
Back