Sega Announces Sonic Colors Ultimate and Sonic Origins

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
sonic-colors-ultimate-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: Sega

During today’s Sonic Central event, Sega officially confirmed the existence of two Sonic the Hedgehog games that had been rumored over the past few weeks: Sonic Colors Ultimate and Sonic Origins. Sonic Colors Ultimate is a remaster of the 2010 original that features “upscaled visuals, additional features, a new game mode, and enhanced gameplay,” while Sonic Origins is a new compilation that includes the first three Sonic games, as well as Sonic & Knuckles and Sonic CD. Sega will have more to share regarding Sonic Origins at a later date, but Sonic Colors Ultimate will be launching on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and the Epic Games Store on September 7, 2021...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sonic Colors wasn't a bad game, but I definitely didn't enjoy it enough to want to play it again, let alone buy it again.
As for Sonic Origins, not bad. The 4 best Sonic games ever made in one collection. Of course I'm the idiot who not only owns the originals, but has bought every single Sonic collection that has ever come out (to my knowledge). I have no idea why. I doubt I'll buy this though. Christian Whitehead's Sonic CD was definitely my favorite version of that game. I wonder which version this collection will have. Be nice if it also has his version of Sonic 1 and 2. Sonic 3+K has been inexplicably left out of collections, so glad to see it will be in this one. The community modified ROM Sonic 3C would be the best option, but of course Sega is not gonna use that version.

Become a Patron!
Back