Should I buy a 5800x or wait for the 3d cache version? AM4 last hurrah

I'm really glad I don't need anything. And I'm stubborn and strong willed enough to say screw scalpers and dirty retailers. I'll buy it when it can be purchased around MSRP, without waiting. This goes for GPUs, CPUs, consoles, everything that is not readily available.

I'm really glad I don't need anything. And I'm stubborn and strong willed enough to say screw scalpers and dirty retailers. I'll buy it when it can be purchased around MSRP, without waiting. This goes for GPUs, CPUs, consoles, everything that is not readily available.
Have one going up in the FS forum shortly around MSRP, though, shipping to you across the pond might kill it for you...

Have one going up in the FS forum shortly around MSRP, though, shipping to you across the pond might kill it for you...
Yeah, it's not worth it. I could get a ton of electronics for almost 2/3 the price had I ordered them from the US even before the shortages. But the shipping, customs fees and taxes puts it right on par with buying locally. The most outrageous part is if I order from outside the EU they make me pay VAT and duty even on the shipping and packaging costs. LOL.

So the only things I reluctantly order from China or the US are things that are not available locally, or not high value. (no duty on anything under €150)

And then there is the hassle of getting warrantied something you got from overseas. It's virtually impossible for any small electronics, as most warranties here go through retailers, and obviously if you didn't buy the thing through them they won't help you.

Become a Patron!
Back