So close...

Stoly

FPS Regular
Since the RTX3060 just came out, I figured I'd take a look at prices and availability. Suffice to say its out of stock everywhere and prices are higher than a RTX3070 retail price.

I was browsing BestBuy, and since that's the only store that carries the nvidia RTX3070, I went looking for one just for kicks. Low and behold it was in STOCK!!!. Unfortunately I was too slow, by the time I tried to add it to card it was gone.

Any tips on automating the process in case I find one again?

Distill Can track website changes pretty good and is fairly easy to use.

I had no luck with the 3080FE from BB, they go way too fast but I get alerts and hopefully one day..maybe...(I'm not trying that hard)
A friend got his 3070FE this way.

Since the RTX3060 just came out, I figured I'd take a look at prices and availability. Suffice to say its out of stock everywhere and prices are higher than a RTX3070 retail price.

I was browsing BestBuy, and since that's the only store that carries the nvidia RTX3070, I went looking for one just for kicks. Low and behold it was in STOCK!!!. Unfortunately I was too slow, by the time I tried to add it to card it was gone.

Any tips on automating the process in case I find one again?
Exact same thing happened to me. I catch them in maybe every other week - always gone by the time I get to checkout. And today - sitting in drive through getting lunch, caught them in stock.... couldn't check out.

I have no advice on beating the bots though, sorry. I'm in the same boat and can utterly sympathize, so I'm keen to hear if any one has legit advice. Sitting and monitoring a twitch stream or twitter feed isn't feasible for me as I do not work in front of my computer all day - I check once or twice a day. I am up to 22 different bookmarks, so I can just Open them all at once.

Exact same thing happened to me. I catch them in maybe every other week - always gone by the time I get to checkout. And today - sitting in drive through getting lunch, caught them in stock.... couldn't check out.

I have no advice on beating the bots though, sorry. I'm in the same boat and can utterly sympathize, so I'm keen to hear if any one has legit advice. Sitting and monitoring a twitch stream or twitter feed isn't feasible for me as I do not work in front of my computer all day - I check once or twice a day. I am up to 22 different bookmarks, so I can just Open them all at once.
It has gotten so out of reach at this point that I mostly don't care anymore.

Keep an eye out for the Newegg Shuffle. Runs a few days per week, typically starts around noon ET, closes 3-4pm ET, drawing around 5, emails out around 6pm if you've been selected to buy.

https://www.newegg.com/product-shuffle

I've picked up a pair of 3070s to review this way as well as an Xbox X over the past couple weeks. Brent hit a 3060 strix with today's drawing for the backlog...

Keep an eye out for the Newegg Shuffle. Runs a few days per week, typically starts around noon ET, closes 3-4pm ET, drawing around 5, emails out around 6pm if you've been selected to buy.

I've picked up a pair of 3070s to review this way as well as an Xbox X over the past couple weeks. Brent hit a 3060 strix with today's drawing for the backlog...
I have struck out on the shuffle for several weeks now, but at least its easy to put your name in the hat and then check your e-mail at 5pm eastern for the "we're sorry, but you weren't selected" email.

Tnx but I'm not interested in getting a card at scalper prices.

So... after literally dozens of Lucy pulling away the football moments. I'm 95% done.

Nope, I didn't get a new GPU. Nor console. I took my money and blew it on H&B.

I had a Chrome bookmark folder full of all the search links - something like 30+ links that go directly to product pages. I did not get to the level of signing up for Twitch alerts or Twitter tracking though - I don't sit at a computer all day, I would just check when I happened to get at my computer, two or three times a day. That was my routine since about Thanksgiving, the list of bookmarks just grew over time. I would catch stock in about every 10 days or so just casually checking... but every time I did, it was nothing but broken web pages, items added to card to be removed, queues that sat in, only to get hung up at checkout, etc. The same exact story as the OP in this thread, dozens of times over.

So I didn't exactly need a tracker to tell me when there was stock - I was finding it on occasion, and did so many, many times. It just never would go through.

So I'm done. Mostly.

I'm still in the EVGA queues. I don't have any faith in that - it appears to be more lip service than anything. I know some of you have had success there. Great. To a guy who goes to sign up today though, you might as well go eff off. Most SKUs still aren't through the first few hours of signups... So while I'm in the queue, that ain't going to happen anytime soon.

I do still sign up for Newegg Shuffle when I can catch it. Since it pops up at random times, I don't catch it every cycle - maybe twice a week. After a dozen entries there, nothing. But it's probably the best shot I have at anything. Not everything there is a great deal - some are downright bad bad. Although now that I've blown my money, odds are if I do win anything I'll just turn around and see if anyone here wants to snag it for my cost.

And that's it. I'm done checking anything else for now - at least until another "take a deposit, sit in line" storefront comes up. I figure I've been fortunate enough in other areas that this one thing isn't going to hurt me - it's frustrating, but it's not a huge quality of life issue.

Good luck to the rest of you.

I'm glad I got my card just glad I could do the twitch stream shuffle. I listened to the advice and managed to snag my card a little while back before the 25% tariff. So best of luck to you all!!

Unless the EVGA que delivers I won't be doing any upgrades untill the next gen GPU's and Sockets.

The main reason for ugrading for me would be next gen RTX performance.
But I still do fine in most of the RTX/DLSS titles I play and the other games, no issues with them.
Messing around with scaling., Nvidia sharpness filters etc and I get very enjoyable results for most of my stuff up to 4K60FPS.

It's going to be 7 months in a week or so since the 3080 "launched".
I have no problems gaming away for another 7 months as is :)

Last edited:
Wow, its been quite a while since I saw a RTX 3070 in stock.

Well, today I got an octoshop alert for both a RTX3060Ti and RTX3070. I went to Bestbuy ASAP and I saw that now they have a sort of queue system. You don't add the item to the cart right away but wait in line until you get one or they are sold out.

Suffice to say when the add to cart button activated, it was too late...

I guess I'll wait a couple of months again...

BTW I'm using both Octoshop and Hotstock for alerts. I have yet to receive any alerts from Hotstock.

Knitting. It's where it's at these days. I'm telling you.

Lot less stress than the fruitless pursuit

Knitting. It's where it's at these days. I'm telling you.

Lot less stress than the fruitless pursuit
You DO realize there's a shortage of string these days too! Even knitting isn't immune to the hell that is stupid shoppers! A herd of feral cats went ripping through a string warehouse, and now people are going all batty hoarding all the string they can get their hands/paws on!

You DO realize there's a shortage of string these days too! Even knitting isn't immune to the hell that is stupid shoppers! A herd of feral cats went ripping through a string warehouse, and now people are going all batty hoarding all the string they can get their hands/paws on!
I only use all natural materials.

Belly button lint. I get it out front of Walmart

Become a Patron!
Back