Solid Snake’s Voice Actor Believes That a Metal Gear Solid Remake Is Really Happening

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
metal-gear-solid-logo-character-trio-1024x576.jpg
Image: Konami

Rumors of a Metal Gear Solid remake aren’t anything new, but Solid Snake’s original voice actor, David Hayter, seems to think that a next-generation version of Hideo Kojima’s iconic 1998 stealth action game is definitely in development. Hayter recently took part in a live chat with YouTuber Dan Allen and mentioned that he had been texted by an insider who had heard that the MGS remake was really happening. A remake of MGS called The Twin Snakes was released for Nintendo Gamecube back in 2004.

Hayter added that if publisher Konami were to remake MGS, they would likely need to re-record Snake’s voice work due to the age of the original recordings, adding that he thinks he can still “pull off” the young snake voice. “They can’t use the original PlayStation [recordings] because the sound card isn’t anywhere near as good as today’s consoles,” he...

Continue reading...

Hmm... the original PS sound card probably wasn't as good, but he's implying they didn't keep the source audio?

I guess crazier things have happened - entire game source codes have been misplaced.... /sigh.

Hmm... the original PS sound card probably wasn't as good, but he's implying they didn't keep the source audio?

I guess crazier things have happened - entire game source codes have been misplaced.... /sigh.
AFAIK the PS had a really good sound chip, IIRC it delivered 24 channel ADPCM cd quality audio.
Believe me if the original digital recordings exist today, they should be of very good quality and even if they weren't, its nothing that a sound engineer couldn't fix.

Become a Patron!
Back