Sonic Mania and Horizon Chase Turbo Are Free on the Epic Games Store until July 1

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
sonic-mania-logo-sonic-tails-knuckles-1024x576.jpg
Image: Sega

The Epic Games Store’s latest freebies are Sonic Mania and Horizon Chase Turbo. Developed by Lab42 and published by Sega as a celebration of classic Sonic games, Sonic Mania comprises an all-new adventure that features pixel-perfect 2D graphics running at 60 FPS, while AQUIRIS’ Horizon Chase Turbo is a racing game that appears to be heavily inspired by arcade titles such as Cruis’n USA. Sonic Mania and Horizon Chase Turbo are free to grab until July 1 at 11:00 a.m. EST.

The ultimate celebration of past and future. An all-new adventure full of unique bosses, rolling 2D landscapes, and fun classic gameplay. Sonic Mania brings retro fast-paced platforming into the future through pixel perfect 2D graphics...

Continue reading...

Pretty sure I have these already from PS+ but hey, why not. I remember the Sonic game being good looking, if you're into Sonic. Horizon Chase Turbo is like a love letter to 80's games like OutRun

I 100%ed Sonic Mania on both PC (Steam) and Switch (including the DLC), good sh1t there. I was already a fan of Christian Whitehead for his ports of Sonic CD, Sonic 1 and Sonic 2, and he and the other community members who made Sonic Mania did a pretty good-@ss job. It's not as good as the Genesis Sonic games or maybe even the GBA games like Sonic Advance 1 and 2, but still a good 2D Sonic game. I definitely recommend checking it out.

The racing game also looks very interesting, and taking influence from OutRun and the Rush series and other games they named sounds good to me.

Become a Patron!
Back