Sony Developing Three Movies and Seven TV Shows Based on PlayStation Properties

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
god-of-war-cover-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: Santa Monica Studios

Sony is reportedly developing three movies and seven TV shows based on PlayStation properties, which isn’t too surprising based on the success of its gaming division and how heavily its first-party titles leverage a cinematic experience. The revelation comes from chairman and chief executive officer of Sony Pictures Tony Vinciquerra, who spoke to CNBC (via MediaPost) regarding his studio’s non-interest in offering simultaneous, day-and-date releases of movies on streaming platforms and theaters like Warner Bros. and...

Continue reading...

A twisted metal movie? How would that be different than death race? I'm not so sure than Sony properties are this interesting to me.
God of war - Nay
Uncharted - Maybe if it gets some Indy vibes
Last of Us - It could go either way, if it is Walking Dead 2.0 then hell no.
Horizon zero dawn - Only if they drop the feminist agenda

I don't see anything in their repertoire that is a slam dunk.

I agree with MadMummy76, hard to get excited about any of these. Uncharted has the best chance at not sucking, but still the odds are not great.

Wasn't there supposed to be a Gran Turismo movie at some point? I was actually curious about how they were going to approach that considering there are no characters or story to the franchise, and there is already a reality TV series.

I think Killzone, Resistance, Syphon Filter and Infamous could be worked into good adaptations. Those are considered retired franchises, though. I'm not really crazy about any of their newer franchises from a character and story perspective, to be honest.

Wasn't there supposed to be a Gran Turismo movie at some point? I was actually curious about how they were going to approach that considering there are no characters or story to the franchise, and there is already a reality TV series.
Actually the gran turismo movie has already been made before gran turismo itself :D I doubt anyone can do a better one than this.

An FTO outrunning a Skyline 🤣
Well it was a Mitsubisih sponsored movie. I liked the FTO though, shame it was only made for the domestic market. Actually for a daily I'd prefer the FTO over the bulky 4wd skyline. My favorite in gran turismo waw always the GTS skyline. With RWD only.

Become a Patron!
Back