Sony Kicks Off This Year’s Play at Home Initiative with Free Copies of Ratchet & Clank for PS4

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
ratchet-and-clank-2016-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: Sony

As part of this year’s Play at Home initiative, Sony is giving away free copies of Insomniac Games’ critically acclaimed re-imagining of its classic 2002 platformer, Ratchet & Clank. The news was shared by Sony Interactive Entertainment President & CEO Jim Ryan today, who published a blog post confirming that the game will be available to download for a limited time from the PlayStation Store beginning on March 1.

“PlayStation and Insomniac Games will make Ratchet & Clank PS4 available for free download for a limited time through PlayStation Store from March 1 at 8pm PST / March 2 at 4am GMT / 5am CET to March 31, 2021 at 8pm PDT / April 1 at 4am BST / 5am CEST,” Ryan...

Continue reading...

It was nice of Sony to release Uncharted Collection for free last year. I already owned a physical copy ($10 brand-new on Amazon in 2019), but grabbing the digital version for free means I no longer have to put in the disc, so that's cool. I don't already own a copy of Ratchet and Clank 2016 though, so Sony giving it away for free next month is very much appreciated. I did play through the game already on a friend's PS4 back in 2016, and I'm actually in the middle of a Challenge Mode run (New Game+ but also harder) now by borrowing my brother's disc. Ironic I don't own this game when I own every single other Ratchet and Clank game ever released. Looking forward to Rift Apart on PS5. No idea when I'll get to play it, but always happy to see a new R&C game. Anyways, thanks Sony for another free game. I'll be really happy if you put all your games on PC though, especially upcoming PS5 games.

Become a Patron!
Back