Sony May Have Discontinued the PlayStation 4 Pro

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
playstation-4-playstation-4-pro-dualshock-4-1024x577.jpg
Image: Sony

Those of you who are interested in purchasing a PlayStation 4 Pro may want to grab one quick. As spotted by The Gamer, Sony has warned that it has no plans to restock the last-gen console on its official web store. The implication here is that the PS4 Pro has been discontinued.

“THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO PLANS TO RESTOCK THIS ITEM IN THE FUTURE,” Sony screamed. The listing also notes that consoles are limited to one per household, but that’s become irrelevant, as PS4 Pro units are no longer available via PlayStation Direct.

“Heighten your experiences,” the console’s official description reads. “Let the super-charged PS4 Pro lead the way. PS4 Pro is designed to take your favorite PS4 games and add to them with more power for graphics, performance, or features for your 4K, HDR TV, or...

Continue reading...

Wait, discontinued the PS4 Pro but still making base PS4? That seems weird. By the way, I don't find my PS4 Pro to be noisy.

I'm surprised they haven't announced a new version of the PS4 Slim to further reduce costs like they've done with previous generations (PS One, PS3 Super Slim) if they're going to continue producing the base PS4 alongside the PS5.

Hmm... I could see it.

PS5 plays most PS4 games better than a Pro. And you have to have something cheaper than the discless 5... so yeah, a Slim 4 (could be either OG 4 or a slim Pro) would make sense as the super low cost option, especially with 5 having logistical issues right now.

Still a rumor but it lines up.

Didn't they stop producing them around June-July? This is only inventory that they have been selling.

Become a Patron!
Back