Sources: AT&T No Longer Selling Warner Bros. Interactive

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
warner-bros.-interactive-entertainment-logo-1024x576.jpg
Image: Warner Bros.

According to sources with Bloomberg, AT&T is no longer interested in selling Warner Bros.’s gaming division, WB Interactive. The telecommunications giant was planning to sell the segment off for $4 billion to help pay off its Time Warner debt, but evidently, the bean counters have realized how valuable its studios (e.g., Rocksteady, NetherRealm) actually are and how much profit they can generate for the parent company – particularly during a pandemic, where many are forced to seek entertainment indoors.

“Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, the gaming unit that is home to titles like Harry Potter...

Continue reading...

Well, this will work only one or two ways. It will either get milked and run into the ground and the IP liquidated piece by piece ( most likely). Or they will hire good smart people and let them run with it, ATT becoming a gaming giant for a good while and becoming something for the business history books ( yeah, I think this is unlikely, though I hope for it)

Well, this will work only one or two ways. It will either get milked and run into the ground and the IP liquidated piece by piece ( most likely). Or they will hire good smart people and let them run with it, ATT becoming a gaming giant for a good while and becoming something for the business history books ( yeah, I think this is unlikely, though I hope for it)

Next up ATT buys EA interactive and lets them run the gaming division.

Become a Patron!
Back