SPINE Is a Cinematic Cyberpunk Gun-Fu Action Game Built on Unreal Engine 5, Featuring NVIDIA DLSS 3 and Music from John Wick Composer Le Castle Vania

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
SPINE, a new female-led cinematic action game that is said to define the gun-fu game genre, delivering hard-hitting gameplay in a futuristic cyberpunk world with parkour chases, boss fights against ninjas, and more, is launching for PC and consoles in late 2024, developer Nekki has announced.

See full article...

I'll see some YouTube videos first. Seems the game is very movement focused and that tends to be best served by 3rd person perspective.

It looks good, except for the animations, which is supposed to be the core of the game. it is not fluid, it has sharp edges, and the successive movements are not blended together. You can clearly detect where one animation ends and another starts.
They also look hand crafted which will never ever look as good as mocap or physics based animation.

Video doesn't look bad per say... but it also doesn't really grab me. I think the complete lack of damage to the humanoid models is kind of... lame.

Video doesn't look bad per say... but it also doesn't really grab me. I think the complete lack of damage to the humanoid models is kind of... lame.
I'm underwhelmed as well. The game looks pretty generic in terms of atmosphere, graphics, and gameplay.

Become a Patron!
Back