Spotify Testing New Subscription Tier That Only Costs $0.99 a Month

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
spotify-phone-pattern-mint-green-1024x576.jpg
Image: Spotify

Spotify, one of the most popular audio streaming services on the planet, is working on a new, low-cost subscription tier for users who think its $9.99 Premium option is too expensive. Initially discovered by a reader and later confirmed in a statement delivered to The Verge, Spotify’s new subscription tier is called Spotify Plus and will cost only $0.99 month—a tenth of the cost of Spotify Premium. While Spotify Plus subscribers will still have to cope with ads that interrupt playback, the new tier doesn’t limit the number of tracks that users can skip per hour. The Spotify Plus tier also allows users to pick specific songs that they want to listen to, rather than shuffled playlists...

Continue reading...

$1 a month is about all I think Spotify is worth, I can only use so many streaming apps at once.

$1 a month is about all I think Spotify is worth, I can only use so many streaming apps at once.
Hmm that does make me wonder exactly how many subscriptions I have at the moment.

Streaming services I have:
Netflix
Spotify
SiriusXM
Disney+
CBS / Paramount
Amazon Prime
HBOMax

For games & apps:
I keep an FFXIV subscription active, but I think that's the only game I have on autopay subscription right now - used to be a lot more once upon a time.
1Password has a subscription, and Carrot weather has a subscription
Playstation+
Humble Choice

That's without counting utilities (phones, internet access, etc)

Hmm.. I do use all of those on a weekly basis, but only a few on a daily basis. Regardless, it's actually somewhat sobering to list them all out and realize all that money leaking out the door.

Amazon Prime
Netflix
Tidal
Elder Scrolls Online
Bunch of Adobe stuff
A few Patreon things

Become a Patron!
Back