Star Wars: The Old Republic Comes to Steam

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
star-wars-the-old-republic-steam-1024x576.jpg
Image: BioWare/EA

Remember Star Wars: The Old Republic? Of course you do. When EA and BioWare launched the massively multiplayer online role-playing game in 2011, it seemed destined to be an epic hit, blending one of cinema’s best-known franchises with an incredibly popular game genre. Unfortunately, The Old Republic basically flopped – okay, maybe that’s an exaggeration, but the title did go free to play just a year after its release.

Despite its initial reception, Star Wars: The Old Republic eventually evolved into a pretty cool Star Wars game, particularly for gamers who are more invested in a story-oriented, single-player journey rather than a traditional MMO experience. Those of you who never played it may want to give a shot now, since EA has brought the game to Steam. As...

Continue reading...

I tried it a couple years ago.... I've always enjoyed the cinematic trailers for it. But when you go and play it, it's like woah.... 2005 graphics

One of the better MMo's around, been a while now since I last played it and I agree it looks dated, could use an overhaul like blizz did with wow.

A bit late to really capture anyone new - it's been F2P for quite some time now.

I still go back every couple of years, run a new class through to see the class story, and then run out of story and quit for another couple of years.

A bit late to really capture anyone new - it's been F2P for quite some time now.

I still go back every couple of years, run a new class through to see the class story, and then run out of story and quit for another couple of years.

Yea I finished a couple classes then quit after it first came out. I had the collectors edition and everything. Just lost the magic and there was no community. Not long after that it went Free to Play and I knew I was never going back.

Become a Patron!
Back