Starfield Rolls Out New Update with REV-8, a Land Cruiser with Powerful Mounted Turret

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The REV-8, a new land cruiser that will allow Starfield players to explore the game's many planets without having to walk or sprint endlessly on foot, will be available tonight as part of a free update for the space-faring RPG that includes several other improvements, including a fix for Frame Generation on PC and new Xbox Series S display settings to mirror those that can be found on Xbox Series X, Bethesda has announced.

See full article...

I never expected bethesda to add a ground vehicle to any of their games. Frankly I thought the engine was too janky for it and it was impossible to get it to work well enough. Well, it still remains to be seen how buggy the buggy actually is. :LOL:

I tried it out this morning, and the first thing I see is a hilarious neon "missing texture" for all the planets in the system map. A simple restart fixes this problem, but I was laughing seeing that. I played with the vehicle and of course the game crashed after i used the vehicle booster to jump over a ravine.

I never understand why they bother releasing new content so long after launch. Surely most people who were going to buy the game have played through it by now and rarely if ever go back.

The one way I could see that changing is if - for instance - they get more into the parallel universes idea and continue the story in a vastly different universe than the one the game originally takes place in.

I tried it, but couldn't find the vehicle, had to look in the help to realize that you have to buy it from a ship technician. The vehicle then spawns in the spaceport and you can even drive it then and there causing all civvies to go full panic mode as soon as you enter it.

The physics is extremely wonky but I expected that. The controls are a mess, the car will always go where you are looking you can't go one way and look in another direction in either of the two control modes. I'd say I wish there was a mod that allows freelook, but I'm not that invested.

If anything this little exercise just confirmed it for me that I have zero desire to revisit Starfield. I was surprised how smooth it was running when the realization slapped my forehead that the last time I played, it was still on the 3700X and 2080Ti. I've had a 4080 and 5800x3d since December. So that explains why is it running much better than I remembered, it wasn't all the patches :D

Become a Patron!
Back