Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge Is a Classic 2D Brawler Inspired by TMNT: Turtles in Time

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shredders-revenge-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: Tribute Games

Tribute Games is developing a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game called TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge that takes inspiration from 1989’s TMNT and 1991’s TMNT: Turtles in Time arcade titles. French publisher Dotemu revealed the news in a press release published today, which confirmed that the game up would be released for both PC and consoles. Similar to its classic arcade predecessors, the modernized beat’em up will feature beautiful 2D pixel art and allow a group of four players to take on the Shredder and his Foot Clan.

“Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge reunites Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo, and Donatello to kick shell in a beautifully realized pixel art world invoking the turtles’ classic 1987 design,” a press...

Continue reading...

I wonder how this will turn out. I still play TMNT II: The Arcade Game (both NES and arcade versions), TMNT 3: Manhattan Project, and Turtles in Time (just the SNES version) quite often. The arcade version of Turtles in Time got a 2.5D remake called Re-shelled that didn't turn out very good, so I don't usually include it when talking about the TMNT beat-em-ups. I hope this new TMNT beat-em-up turns out well. Streets of Rage 4 is a really good game. Nice to see some beat-em-ups coming back. Modern-day Konami couldn't be trusted with TMNT so I hope Dotemu makes a decent game.

Become a Patron!
Back