Tekken X Street Fighter Has Officially Been Canceled

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
street-fighter-x-tekken-poster-clash-1024x576.jpg
Image: Capcom

Bandai Namco Studios’ long overdue crossover fighting game, Tekken X Street Fighter, is officially dead. Its cancellation was confirmed during a recent livestream hosted by Tekken series producer Katsuhiro Harada, who revealed that the game was only 30 percent complete despite being announced over a decade ago on July 24, 2010. Intended to be a Tekkenized version of Street Fighter, Tekken X Street Fighter would have allowed Street Fighter fans to experience their favorite characters for the first time on the Tekken engine, but alas, the extent of that will probably only go so far as Akuma’s appearance in Tekken 7.

Tekken x Street Fighter project was announced alongside Street Fighter x Tekken. The concept at that time was that the Capcom side will create a Street Fighter x Tekken video game while Bandai Namco will work on a TxSF video game...

Continue reading...

Oh no myt world is crumbling.. big name fighter games from 30 years ago won't have an crossover title. What shall I ever do?

Man I remember when these games at an arcade would draw a freaking crowd. The best players there were like mini celebrities. Now if you can't row, jump, or run it isn't in a bowling alley and arcades have largely gone the way of the dodo.

It took them long enough to just finally f*cking officially cancel it. I think everyone was pretty sure it wasn't ever gonna get made anyways.

Oh no myt world is crumbling.. big name fighter games from 30 years ago won't have an crossover title. What shall I ever do?

Man I remember when these games at an arcade would draw a freaking crowd. The best players there were like mini celebrities. Now if you can't row, jump, or run it isn't in a bowling alley and arcades have largely gone the way of the dodo.

X-Men vs. Street Fighter was amazing.

It took them long enough to just finally f*cking officially cancel it. I think everyone was pretty sure it wasn't ever gonna get made anyways.
I thought the game was done years ago.

I thought this was released ages ago. I never cared enough to look it up.

Looks like they went back on completely canceling it: https://wccftech.com/tekken-x-street-fighter-not-dead/ (My bad for posting a link from wccftech)

X-Men vs. Street Fighter was amazing.
I f*ckin' loved X-Men vs SF and Marvel Super Heroes vs SF (I own them on Saturn and my friend owns the arcade versions on CPS2, along with Children of the Atom). I also spent a lot of time with MvC2 (on DC and PS3, and my friend has the Naomi version), but I preferred those older games.

I thought the game was done years ago.
Hahahahaha yyeeaahh it seems people either thought it was finished a long time ago, or that it was canceled a long time ago.

EDIT: https://www.destructoid.com/tekken-x-street-fighter-development-over-2021/
"... Dhalsim also apparently came out very well." Now I admit it would have been very interesting to see how Dhalsim moves and plays in the Tekken engine.

How about Capcom Vs SNK vs Marvel vs Mortal Kombat vs Killer Instinct vs Injustice?

Which was the last one? I only recall the arcade versions.
There were 3 main games in the series, released for Capcom's CPS2 arcade hardware, and all 3 received home ports to PS1 and/or Saturn (depending on the game). The 3rd game got a couple of arcade-only updates. There was also a version of this 3rd game for DC and PSP. Finally for 7th-gen systems there was Darkstalkers Resurrection, which was an HD compilation of the arcade versions of all 3 games, if I recall correctly. (EDIT: Oh and there was a collection on PS2 as well).

I still play the Saturn version of the 3rd game to this day. I used to hope that one day Capcom would make a new 4th main game, but I don't really believe that kind of stuff anymore. Even if they do, it'll probably be some 2.5D sh1t like all the 2D fighting games eventually turned into. I'm still surprised Nintendo is busting out Metroid 5: Metroid Dread. Maybe they'll give me a new F-Zero one day. Anyways, I guess it's not impossible that a new Darkstalkers game might show up one day, but not holding my breath. Capcom almost permanently shelved SF at one point until Ono worked his @ss off to convince them to revive it.

Become a Patron!
Back