The Last of Us HBO Series Casts The Mandalorian’s Pedro Pascal as Joel, Game of Thrones’ Bella Ramsey as Ellie

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
the-last-of-us-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: Naughty Dog

The showrunners behind HBO’s adaptation of Naughty Dog’s post-apocalyptic action-adventure hit, The Last of Us, have found their leads. Joel will be played by popular actor Pedro Pascal, who currently stars in Disney’s The Mandalorian series, while Game of Thrones actress Bella Ramsey is set to portray Ellie. The castings were initially confirmed by Deadline and The Hollywood Reporter, respectively.

“Based on the critically acclaimed video game The Last of Us, developed by Naughty Dog exclusively for the PlayStation platforms, the story takes place twenty years after modern civilization has been destroyed,” reads a synopsis shared by Deadline. “Joel (Pascal), a hardened survivor, is hired to smuggle Ellie (Game of Thrones‘ Bella...

Continue reading...

Ramsey seems fine for the role, Pedro Pascal I'm not so sure about.

He's been pretty good in everything I've seen him in. The two times you could see his face in Mando, and ... he pretty much carried WW84

He's been pretty good in everything I've seen him in. The two times you could see his face in Mando, and ... he pretty much carried WW84
He was pretty much the only thing good about the movie despite the failed attempt to make his character a caricature of a certain celebrity. He is the only one who has depth and growth in the entire film.

I'm not saying he is not a good actor. Just not a good fit for the character.

So if the girl has abilities wouldn't it be like starters. "That direction looks dangerous" "it is the way"

That needs to be in it somewhere as a nod to fans. ;)

Become a Patron!
Back