The Last of Us Scribe Neil Druckmann Is Now Co-President of Naughty Dog

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
naughty-dog-logo-1024x576.jpg
Image: Naughty Dog

With its brutal narrative, The Last of Us Part II has been an incredibly polarizing game that actually drove some long-time Naughty Dog fans away from the developer. It appears that we could be in for more controversy, however, as the game’s writer and overall leader, Neil Druckmann, has been promoted from Vice President to Co-President.

“Neil Druckmann now joins me as Co-President of Naughty Dog, after serving almost three years as Vice President,” Evan Wells (President) revealed. Two other senior studio members have also been elevated to the Vice President position.

“In addition, we’re welcoming Alison Mori and Christian Gyrling as Vice Presidents of Naughty Dog,” he added. “Prior to becoming Vice President, Alison...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I was the biggest fan of this studio when it was Andy Gavin and Jason Rubin running it. When they left, the two guys who took over (Evan Wells and Christophe Balestra) did an okay job too. It was not the same company, but I had no real complaints. Until they started giving that asshat Neil Druckmann more responsibility and leadership roles. I'm not a fan of the games he led development on. Now this anal wipe is leading the company alongside Wells? Aiight, well I guess that's it. No thanks, I'm out. I am DONE.

I was the biggest fan of this studio when it was Andy Gavin and Jason Rubin running it. When they left, the two guys who took over (Evan Wells and Christophe Balestra) did an okay job too. It was not the same company, but I had no real complaints. Until they started giving that asshat Neil Druckmann more responsibility and leadership roles. I'm not a fan of the games he led development on. Now this anal wipe is leading the company alongside Wells? Aiight, well I guess that's it. No thanks, I'm out. I am DONE.
Don't forget when they forced Amy Hennig out. That was the death knell. Now the coffin is getting ready to go into the ground.

Don't forget when they forced Amy Hennig out. That was the death knell. Now the coffin is getting ready to go into the ground.
That was actually a bullshit story, forced by some media executives, the writer of the original hitpiece has just revealed this year.

That was actually a bullshit story, forced by some media executives, the writer of the original hitpiece has just revealed this year.
I don't know if she was forced out or she left of her own will. All I know is, when she left, I stopped caring about Naughty Dog a whole lot. In fact, I haven't liked a thing they've done after she left.

I don't know if she was forced out or she left of her own will. All I know is, when she left, I stopped caring about Naughty Dog a whole lot. In fact, I haven't liked a thing they've done after she left.
I don't know anything about her works, I only played the lost legacy from uncharted, none of the others. It felt like a Tomb Raider clone.

Become a Patron!
Back