The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Seems Comically Large

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-3090-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

A new image of NVIDIA’s GeForce RTX 30 Series graphics cards sitting side by side has hit social media. While the dimensions of these GPUs are no longer a mystery, the photo does a great job illustrating how ridiculously big the GeForce RTX 3090 really is. Check it out below: you can almost hear the GeForce RTX 3070 whimpering in fear.

Petite la 3070 pic.twitter.com/Hhl7dXQMOP🇫🇷 La Frite David 🇫🇷 (@davideneco25320) September 8, 2020

There’s been plenty of other interesting comparisons thus far, such as Shen Ye’s...

Continue reading...

I hope these come with a 100' riser adapter so I can put this thing out in the garage plugged into my diesel powered generator.

BUT.... It has a small 12pin connector!
Fact that requires an extra large adapter to go with it is neither here or there.

BUT.... It has a small 12pin connector!
Fact that requires an extra large adapter to go with it is neither here or there.
It's definitely out there. I mean it's inventing a problem to solve a non-problem.

Im sure it will perform well, perhaps excellent.. it looks like 8 pounds of aluminum and ( i assume) copper with a giant fan... Its hard to screw this up after applying the basics.

I'm not talking about the cooler, it's the power connector that is inventing a problem.
And the reason they made the 12-pin is due to the compact PCB design, which was made for the flow through cooler. Conventional cooler designs were probably not enough to cool these 300+ watt cards.

Become a Patron!
Back