The Sandman: Netflix Shares First Look at Live-Action Adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s Dark Fantasy Comic Series

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
the-sandman-morpheus-on-white-circle-1024x576.jpg
Image: DC Comics

Netflix has shared a first look at its live-action adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s critically acclaimed series of dark fantasy and horror graphic novels, The Sandman.

Originally announced by the streamer in 2019, The Sandman is a beloved but relatively complex story that revolves around a character known as Morpheus, the Lord of Dreams, who is initially captured by occultists but ultimately escapes to fulfill his duty of shaping and inspiring the dreams of the universe. English actor Tom Sturridge plays Morpheus in Netflix’s new series.

From Netflix:

The Lord of Dreams has been summoned, and captured, by mortal men. Once free from his captivity, this eternal ruler of Dreams will realize that his troubles are only just beginning.The Sandman is a Netflix series based on the groundbreaking comic book series created for DC by Neil Gaiman...

Continue reading...

Didn't they change a bunch of crap on this one? I remember it was reported to be a woke mess like a year ago. Also, since this is a Netflix adaptation, my expectations are rather low.

The writer of the series has the reigns on this. So I expect it to be alright.

Become a Patron!
Back