This Year’s Call of Duty Game Is Reportedly Call of Duty WWII: Vanguard

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
call-of-duty-wwii-key-art-charging-1024x576.jpg
Image: Sledgehammer Games

The working title for this year’s Call of Duty game is reportedly Call of Duty WWII: Vanguard. This is according to Warzone and Call of Duty fan site Modern Warzone, whose sources have confirmed that the title is in development by Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty: WWII developer Sledgehammer Games. While Call of Duty WWII: Vanguard will primarily be centered around World War II, additional rumors suggest that certain portions of the game will be set after the war in the 1950s.

“This led to tons of speculation over whether or not the next COD title would be set during the Korean War,” Modern Warzone wrote. “While this article confirms it is a WWII title it does not confirm that there...

Continue reading...

They should do a Korean war one, they haven't done that yet. But I guess it's not an "exciting" war

Or revolutionary war... but they would probably make the muskets full auto and have sniper scopes on them.

Just something different, yaknow?

The problem here is Sledgehammer. They did World at War, and it was a bug filled disaster when it was released. Then they abandoned it and another studio had to come in and clean up the mess.

This is a hard pass for me. I was burnt out on WWII games over a decade ago. I'm not interested in one now. Plus, I don't have any faith in the studio producing it. Not only that, but period pieces with out of place weapons bothers the **** out of me. Black Ops II was a good example of this, having SPAS-12's almost a decade before they were commercially available. No US Military branch ever fielded one either. They didn't even get the gun right as the weapon is semi-automatic and can be switched to pump mode for non-lethal or specialized and lower power ammunition. However, it's primarily a semi-automatic shotgun. In the game? Pump action only.

The game also had M1913 railed flat top upper M4 carbines back in the late 1960's. Over 30 years before those existed.

Become a Patron!
Back