Thor: Ragnarok’s Taika Waititi to Direct and Co-Write New Star Wars Feature Film for Theatrical Release

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
star-wars-waititi-wilson-cairns-headland-1024x576.jpg
Image: Lucasfilm

What’s the best way to celebrate May the 4th? By announcing a brand-new Star Wars film, of course! Lucasfilm has revealed that Thor: Ragnarok director Taika Waititi has agreed to helm a new movie in the franchise, which will presumably be a spin-off in the vein of Rogue One and Solo. (While a new trilogy seems inevitable, the Skywalker saga did just wrap with J.J. Abrams’s The Rise of Skywalker in December.)

Waititi is no stranger to the Star Wars universe, having voiced fan-favorite assassin droid IG-11 (Eyegee-Eleven) in The Mandalorian. He even directed the show’s eighth and final chapter, Redemption, which introduced a relic from the Clone Wars – the Darksaber, an ancient lightsaber designed by the Mandalorians.

“Joining Waititi on the screenplay will be Academy Award...

Continue reading...

Taika Waititi does great work. I haven't watched the Mandalorean (Half man, Half Delorean) but loved his work on his film "What we do in the Shadows". (The New York TV Series version wasn't bad either, but not as good as the original)

Also enjoyed Jojo Rabbit.

Just waiting for the neckbeards to piss and moan about SJW's just because it has women in it.

I think he's pretty talented but I am not so sure he's the guy to take the reins. His style is very quirky and comedic; the novelty would wear off pretty quick if he's given a few movies in a row to direct.

I think he can pull it off. There is always some humor in starwars.

Become a Patron!
Back