Three New Xbox Consoles Are Now Available for Pre-Order Ahead of October Release, including Xbox Series X Digital Edition

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Xbox Series S – 1TB in Robot White, Xbox Series X – 1TB Digital Edition in Robot White, and Xbox Series X – 2TB Galaxy Black Special Edition, three new Xbox consoles that were designed for what Microsoft says is many players' preferred choice for playing incredible Xbox titles, are now available for pre-order ahead of their release on October 15, with select countries following on October 29, Microsoft has announced.

See full article...

I dont follow consoles much. Always been a PC player since the days of my Apple //c and Lode Runner, Wolfenstein, Ultima, etc.

To those who know and do keep up, is there any new tech in these? Or are they the same old of the current generation?

If newer stuff I might be tempted to pick one up. Or I could see what Co-Pilot has to say - I expect The FPS has a higher accuracy though. :)

...is there any new tech in these? Or are they the same old of the current generation?
The new white XBSX is literally exactly the same as the current black XBSX, except that it is missing the optical drive. I would hope this means that the system is cheaper.

The Galaxy Black XBSX is again just a normal XBSX, but with fancier looks, cuz it is a special edition. Also has a larger SSD.

I'm not sure what is different about the new XBSS, other than maybe a larger SSD.

These newer versions might have some improvements, life faster WiFi and better power efficiency, but in terms of performance and capabilities they are exactly the same as the existing consoles. It's not like a PS4 Pro compared to a base PS4, or an XB1X compared to a base XB1. I do suspect a "PS5 Pro" and some kind of upgraded XBSX will appear at some point this generation, probably soon. But not this year.

If newer stuff I might be tempted to pick one up.
If you have a decent PC then there's no reason. There are no games exclusive to 9th-gen Xboxes that aren't also on PC. And Sony's 8th-gen and 9th-gen games have been coming to PC too. I've been using consoles since 2nd-gen, and 9th-gen will most likely be the first generation I do NOT get any of them. My dream of all games coming out on PC is being realized.

Or I could see what Co-Pilot has to say
Do you actually use that sh1t?!

Do you actually use that sh1t?!

Why yes, I do. Its pretty nifty for making pics of my D&D characters and looking up info on random topics.

Did have a big fail today trying to make a pic of my Tabaxi Rogue/Warlock. It just could not put whips in his hands/claws as weapons. Got everything else right though.

Become a Patron!
Back