Twitch Introduces Local Subscription Pricing, Reducing the Price of Subscriptions in Some Countries

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
twitch-subscribe-for-less-1024x576.jpg
Image: Twitch

Twitch has traditionally charged $4.99 a month for users to subscribe to their favorite streamers and enjoy special perks such as live chat privileges and unique emoticons. Going forward, the company will be lowering its standard subscription pricing in many countries to better reflect their cost of living. The first of these price drops will begin on May 20th in Mexico and Turkey, whose users will only have to pay around $2.40 and $1.20 for subscriptions, respectively. Countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East will be able to take advantage of similar cuts beginning in Q3 2021.

We’re rolling out one of the biggest changes in Twitch history, which will help creators build larger, more global communities: Local Subs Pricing. The price of a sub in most countries will be lowered, starting with Mexico and Turkey. Learn more...

Continue reading...

You are telling me that people actually pay to watch other people play games?

Seriously.

I didn't realize it was a paid service.

This **** is moronic. People should just enjoy their games and not feel like they need an audience all the **** time.

I don't understand the people who stream, or the people who watch their streams. It's all nonsense to me.

Seriously.

This **** is moronic. People should just enjoy their games and not feel like they need an audience all the **** time.

I don't understand the people who stream, or the people who watch their streams. It's all nonsense to me.

Like, what kind of enlarged view of themselves do these kids actually have to think that somoene actually wants to watch them play a game. And why does anyone do it? It seems like some sort of narcissistic personality disorder or something.

Seriously.

Like, what kind of enlarged view of themselves do these kids actually have to think that somoene actually wants to watch them play a game. And why does anyone do it? It seems like some sort of narcissistic personality disorder or something.

Seriously.

Seriously.

Well why not if you can make a living with it, not that different from an actor or musician, or even athletes. You just need to find an audience (I'm not part of it though)

I dunno about you guys, but I'd pay to watch a Zarathustra stream.

Lol, I highly doubt that.

Viewers would be like:

1.) Why is he playing this 8 year old single player game no one has ever heard of?
2.) Why isn't he saying anything?
3.) (Making another drink) Did he just leave for 10 minutes?

:p

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back