Twitch to Begin Banning Users for Offenses That Take Place off Platform

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
twitch-blue-red-seating-1024x576.jpg
Image: Twitch

Twitch, the world’s premier video game live-streaming service, has decided that it will begin banning users for harassment, abuse, and other offenses that don’t even take place on its platform. This is according to updated guidelines that the service published earlier this week, which includes a section warning that it will take action against misconduct that occurs entirely off Twitch. The company defended the decision by explaining that it was attempting to build a safer platform for everyone.

Twitch is taking serious action against severe misconduct that happens away from Twitch. https://t.co/qgcchbHBWt— PC Gamer (@pcgamer) April 9, 2021

We will now enforce against serious offenses that pose a substantial safety risk to the Twitch...

Continue reading...

Never used it, and unless forced by something I probably never will, not for their lack of trying as they seem to turn up everywhere with their adds and or integration crap, for all I care they can go rot in hell.

While I do agree that all the things in the above list are offensive, this is just another example of the "cancel culture" infultrating your life.
I am not a twitch user, nor do I practice any of the "offensive behaviours".

I read the article and many of these are reasons people end up arrested in the US. Seems to me this is just a defense vs litigation. If a **** heel reveals they are a ****heel then they are out.

Of course now we will have abuses created outside and abuses of power within twitch.

Become a Patron!
Back