Ubisoft Issuing Hot Fix for Watch Dogs: Legion Bug That Overheats Xbox Series X Consoles

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
watch-dogs-legion-pig-mask-1024x576.jpg
Image: Ubisoft

It appears that Ubisoft’s QA team didn’t spend enough time with the Xbox Series X version of its latest open-world game, Watch Dogs: Legion.

According to a various reports by publications such as Eurogamer, the Xbox Series X version of Watch Dogs: Legion has an embarrassing bug during the main campaign that causes the game to come to a screeching halt.

What’s worse is that the glitch could shorten the lifespan of the console – apparently, the bug raises thermals to an extent where the Xbox Series X forces itself to shut down.

Something else that’s amusing is that the bug happens on a level called “404.” We have no idea...

Continue reading...

I call bullshit.

No load from any title should be able to overheat a CPU or GPU. Either fans should spin faster or cooling should have been better.

Witrh any copetently designed system, no matter what software load you throw at it it should not overheat. If it does, it was poorly designed, and the hardware/firmware is to blame, not the software/game.

I was always concerned about MS's use of fixed clocks on the XB1SXS. Now maybe this has nothing to do with that... but, this news, plus a lot of the early reviewers saying the units push a good deal of heat even at idle, it makes me wonder...

I call bullshit.

No load from any title should be able to overheat a CPU or GPU. Either fans should spin faster or cooling should have been better.

Witrh any copetently designed system, no matter what software load you throw at it it should not overheat. If it does, it was poorly designed, and the hardware/firmware is to blame, not the software/game.
Microsoft might be limiting fan speed to keep noise levels down. If that is the case they should put an option in the console for users to speed up the fans if they don't care about the extra noise.

Microsoft might be limiting fan speed to keep noise levels down. If that is the case they should put an option in the console for users to speed up the fans if they don't care about the extra noise.

Well, I guess my point is the old [H] one, unless it is 24/7 Prime95 & Furmark stable, it isnt' stable.

No load, no matter how intense, should ever be enough to overheat or crash a properly built system.

Become a Patron!
Back