Ubisoft Shutting Down Servers for Rainbow Six Vegas, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, and Other Classic Titles

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
tom-clancys-rainbow-six-vegas-key-art-rappeling-1024x576.jpg
Image: Ubisoft

Ubisoft has decided that it will be pulling the plug on another handful of classic games that incorporate multiplayer or some other form of online functionality. The full list, which can be found on the publisher’s official support forums, include major titles such as Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Rainbow Six Lockdown, and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, as well as Assassin’s Creed 2, Far Cry 2, and Splinter Cell Conviction. Online support for the majority of these games will be terminated on June 1, 2021; ULCs (unlockable content) will no longer be unlockable or available on PC even if they were previously redeemed.

Platform Game Effective DatePCAssassin’s Creed 2June 1st 2021PCPrince of Persia: Forgotten SandsJune 1st 2021PCFar Cry 2June 1st 2021PCAnno 1404June 1st 2021PCMight & Magic – Clash...

Continue reading...

Oh Jeez, the RB6 Vegas servers were still running? Blast from the past

I can't imagine there was much of a player base for these anymore, but still, this is why official servers are so awful.

I would like to return to a time when the only way to play online was through community operated independent servers.

I had a lot of fun in the Rainbow 6 Vegas multiplayer, but I haven't played it in years. I think the last time I did was 2009? I never was able to get the last stupid achievement on the Xbox 360 version of the first one for hosting a full 16 player game. I guess I'll have to see if I can get a group together on one of the achievement forums before June 1 for one last shot to get it.

Become a Patron!
Back