Ubisoft to Unveil Prince of Persia Remake Next Week

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
prince-of-persia-warrior-within-hooded-swords-1024x576.jpg
Image: Ubisoft

In the latest episode of the MaxFun’s Triple Click podcast, Bloomberg’s Jason Schreier confirmed that a new Prince of Persia game would be unveiled during Ubisoft Forward on Thursday, September 10. This will supposedly be a remake of the 2003 hit, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, which modernized the franchise with gorgeous graphics and a time-manipulation mechanic that allows players to rewind time with a magical dagger.

The decision to revisit Sands of Time isn’t too surprising. There’s been a handful of direct sequels (i.e., Warrior Within and The Two Thrones) and spin-offs since then, but none of them have come close to the impact and success of the 2003 game. While the cel-shaded 2008 reboot did manage to score well with critics, the franchise pretty...

Continue reading...

I may be in the minority, but I enjoyed 2008 much more than I did Sands of Time and its sequels. I very much enjoyed the platforming and puzzle in Sands of Time, but the overall experience of 2008 was on a whole better for me. I think it had a lot to do with the characters and story.

Become a Patron!
Back