Universal Can Now Release Films Digitally Just 17 Days After Theatrical Release

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
f9-poster-crew-1024x576.jpg
Image: Universal Pictures

If you’re interesting in checking out the new Fast and Furious film but would prefer to skip theaters, you may only have to wait three short weeks before it’s available to watch in the comfort of your own home. AMC and Universal have struck an agreement that allows the latter to release its films on digital platforms just 17 days after they hit cinemas – a huge decrease from the traditional 70- to 90-day theatrical exclusivity window.

“The agreement includes at least three weekends (17-days) of theatrical exclusivity for all Universal Pictures and Focus Features theatrical releases, at which time the studio will have the option to make its titles available across premium video on demand (PVOD) platforms, including through AMC Theatres On Demand,” reads a...

Continue reading...

Meh I enjoy them when I watch them. They ARE pure cheese ball movies. But nobody is in that series of movies without realizing that. And each and every one of them has been profitable in the tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars.

(Plus they always find a reason to have a few shots of 'car girls'. You all know what I mean.)

Become a Patron!
Back