Valve Is Making Billions in Revenue with Only a Few Hundred Employees, Less than 100 of Whom Work for Steam, Leaked Data Reveals

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Valve, the company best known for the Half-Life games and the world's leading video game digital distribution service, Steam, manages to bring in billions of dollars in revenue despite only having 336 employees on its payroll, with less than 100 of those working on Steam, according to new data that has emerged as part of Wolfire's antitrust lawsuit against the company and its allegedly anticompetitive practices.

See full article...

I really doubt Steam is anticompetitive.. just crushing the competition. At least that's my guess.

Hmm. I can’t think of any way Valve is anticompetitive.

Apple - absolutely. Google - absolutely. Microsoft - absolutely.

Valve …. They aren’t forcing you into anything and they aren’t the only storefront available.

Hmm. I can’t think of any way Valve is anticompetitive.

Apple - absolutely. Google - absolutely. Microsoft - absolutely.

Valve …. They aren’t forcing you into anything and they aren’t the only storefront available.

Agreed.

This seems to be the usual hit piece tho. "Ooh look at how much money they're making. They're obviously the bad guys."

They also basically reinvented how we buy video games. When you singlehandedly create a market, you're gonna make a boat load of cash.

Become a Patron!
Back