Valve Says Steam Deck Can Run Even the Latest Games without Issue

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
steam-deck-playing-in-car-1024x576.jpg
Image: Valve

Despite its relatively beefy hardware for a portable gaming device, prospective owners of Valve’s heavily hyped handheld PC, the Steam Deck, have been wondering just how good the system will be at running the latest games. That’s nothing to worry about, according to new comments shared by Valve employees. Speaking to IGN in a new interview, developer Pierre-Loup Griffais revealed that the Steam Deck team has been testing all sorts of games, including those released this year, and found that the device was able to play them “without problems.” Griffais goes on to state that the Steam Deck will be able to handle the entire Steam library.

“We’ve been looking at various games the past few years in the back catalog, but the real test for us was games that were coming out last year. They just couldn’t really run very well on the previous types of prototypes...

Continue reading...

What I'm wondering is how you play Factorio (I have almost 1k hrs in that game) with a gamepad.

I guess it has dual touchpads, so maybe with that, idk.

Last edited:
Have you seen the prices of these things? You could buy a half decent laptop for what the lowest end model costs.

I dunno, I know I am getting old but a 7" screen just doesn't excite me. I had a Vita with a 5" screen and I had to wear reading glasses (which I hate) to function.

I would definitely need to be able to hold one in my hands and play with it in person to know if I could deal with it.

If a Tesla can run Cyberpunk 2077 surely Gabe wouldn't leave us hanging......

Become a Patron!
Back