Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 Delayed Again, Developer Removed from Project

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-key-art-logo-1024x576.jpg

Paradox Interactive has revealed that its long-gestating horror RPG, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2, has suffered yet another delay. The disappointing news was shared by CEO Ebba Ljungerud, who confirmed in a year-end report that the game would no longer be launching in 2021. Ljungerud also disclosed that Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2’s lead developer, Hardsuit Labs, is no longer part of the project and that Paradox is seeking another studio to finish the game.

“We have now chosen to postpone the release of the game further, and we will not be launching the game in 2021,” Ljungerud said. “We have also decided that Hardsuit Labs will no longer be leading the development of Bloodlines 2, and we have started a collaboration with a new studio partner to finish...

Continue reading...

Looks like the only game Hardsuit Labs ever made was the free-to-play Blacklight: Retribution. Seems to me the developer bit off more than they could chew. It also doesn't help that the primary people who pitched the project to Paradox in the first place quit last year, with the lead writer following them. I didn't have high hopes to begin with, especially considering Cara Ellison was a games urinalist writing about the evils of sexism in video games before taking the story lead on this game.

I had written off this game long ago. I don't have any hope for it now, but if Paradox is trying to salvage it, this would be a step in that direction.

Become a Patron!
Back