VESA Announces Adaptive-Sync Display Version 1.1a with Dual-Mode Support for New Displays That Can Operate at Different Maximum Refresh Rates When ...

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA) today announced that it has published an update to its Adaptive-Sync Display Compliance Test Specification (Adaptive-Sync Display CTS), which is the first publicly open standard for front-of-screen performance of variable refresh rate displays.

See full article...

I am curious. How big an issue is this? IMO anything over about 120hz and I am not going to see the deference. Then again I tend to enjoy titles that are not shooters or in need of twitch like reflexes.

For those who answer the Call of Duty, with their Halo on while marching to their Doom under 6 Rainbows, at the Borderlands, leaving their enemies Quake-ing in fear as their Destiny demands, Is a super high refresh the Apex tech for the Battlefield blocking all Counter Strikes vanquishing all foes who have been Left for Dead?

On a serious note does it help? How high is high enough?

On a serious note does it help? How high is high enough?
Until the I/O loop becomes indistinguishable with analog speeds, i.e. effectively instant.

Higher refresh rates are part and parcel of reducing I/O latency. Not sure where it will stop, but I'd estimate somewhere around 1000Hz.

Become a Patron!
Back