Wall-Running Mechanic Scrapped from Cyberpunk 2077

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
cyberpunk-2077-dual-blades-1024x576.jpg
Image: CD PROJEKT RED

Back in August 2018, CD PROJEKT RED released its first gameplay footage for Cyberpunk 2077, which showed off a variety of neat abilities that players could perform throughout the open-world RPG. One of these was wall running, but according to level designer Max Pears (via Gamereactor), that feature is no longer in the game.

“Ah, the wall running,” Pears responded. “That is something that we removed due to design reasons, but there’s still going to be a lot of flexibility in how you move, that’s for sure.”

Pears didn’t elaborate any further, so we can only speculate what these “design reasons” were. One possibility is that wall running would have given the player too much freedom, reducing the...

Continue reading...

If it's something they have to work on more, or it makes encounters too simple then I can see the reason for removing it. You don't want one play style to be so advantageous that everyone feels that they have to do it.

I actually dislike the wall running in certain games so no loss for me

Never been a fan of the games that turn it into a parkour challenge.

My use case for it would have been to climb buildings and such to basically break the geometry of the game.... so I don't blame them for that either. lol.

Become a Patron!
Back