Warner Bros. Releases First Official Trailer for Mortal Kombat

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
mortal-kombat-scorpion-sub-zero-halved-1024x576.jpg
Image: Warner Bros.

Warner Bros. has released the first official trailer for Simon McQuoid’s modern, live-action adaptation of NetherRealm Studios’ hit fighting game series, Mortal Kombat. The trailer gives us an excellent look at some of the franchise’s most popular characters (e.g., Scorpion and Sub-Zero) and confirms that the movie should be just as violent and bloody as the games it was inspired by. We also get to hear a subdued version of the theme from the original 1995 film, The Immortals’ “Techno Syndrome.”

“In Mortal Kombat, MMA fighter Cole Young, accustomed to taking a beating for money, is unaware of his heritage—or why Outworld’s Emperor Shang Tsung has sent his best warrior, Sub-Zero, an otherworldly Cryomancer, to hunt Cole down,” a synopsis reads. “Fearing for his family’s safety, Cole...

Continue reading...

I guess. I expected worse. I loved the first one but I was much younger and stupider then. Good soundtrack though, I still have it in my car :)

I guess. I expected worse. I loved the first one but I was much younger and stupider then. Good soundtrack though, I still have it in my car :)
I rewatched the original last month and I still love it.
I just hope this is better than the 2nd one .. that .. that is all I ask .. that's it ..
Rated R with Hiroyuki Sanada as Scorpion. That automatically makes it better than the second one ;).

Become a Patron!
Back