Watch Dogs Legion Ray Tracing and DLSS RTX 30 Performance

I've been concerned about the 8gb on 3070 and you're testing helps confirm it's already a problem... I figured if the new consoles have 16gb, games are likely to exceed 8gb usage in common scenarios. If I remember right the new xbox caps you at 10gb fast, 6gb slow, which should make the 3080 much safer, but both make me uncomfortable. But AMD's recent video card launches (polaris, vega, navi) have been bad with various driver and hardware issues, and I run the occasional CUDA workload, so I'd rather get an nvidia card. But I think it's unrealistic that nvidia will do a refresh sooner than next summer so I think we're stuck with the current choices.
As far as choices go, the most probable would be a RTX3070Ti with 16GB of ram. That would be the easiest, fastest to market, cheapest route. Followed by a RTX3080Ti 12GB.

The rest of the rumored cards require at the very least board redesign and/or 16Gb DDR6X which is not available yet.

AMD dropped quite a bomb with the RX6800.

nvidia didn't martket the RTX3070 as a 4k capable card, so no apparent need for more memory, but apparently the RX6800 can do 4K probably closer to a 3800. that's huge.

Become a Patron!
Back