Watch Threads in Forums When Posting From Main Page?

Zarathustra

Cloudless
Hey,

Is there any way to do this?

Normally when you post in the forums, you wind up watching a thread and get notifications from it. When you post from the front page, this does not happen. I have found that I have lost track of some threads because of this lack of notification.

Is there any configuration in the forum or webpage setup that allows for this?

Right now, whenever I post a comment to a news story on the front page I havew to follow up by finding the news thread in the forums, and manually watching it. If that is the way it works, it would probably just be easier for everyone to revert to the old "Link to the forum thread" method of diuscussion and forgo having comments on the main page all together.'

Just a thought!

Hey,

Is there any way to do this?

Normally when you post in the forums, you wind up watching a thread and get notifications from it. When you post from the front page, this does not happen. I have found that I have lost track of some threads because of this lack of notification.

Is there any configuration in the forum or webpage setup that allows for this?

Right now, whenever I post a comment to a news story on the front page I havew to follow up by finding the news thread in the forums, and manually watching it. If that is the way it works, it would probably just be easier for everyone to revert to the old "Link to the forum thread" method of diuscussion and forgo having comments on the main page all together.'

Just a thought!

I raised this with the implementation guy and he said it should be happening. Since it's not, it's off to opening a ticket with them!

Become a Patron!
Back