Western Digital external drive

Dogsofjune

FPS Regular
Anyone catch the Walmart clearance sale of 6tb externals for $30 or the 8tb drives for $93 today? I thought it was a Slickdeal typo, but low and behold the local to me Wally World had them listed for that.

I missed a 6tb by 20 min. All they had left was a Seagate 4tb external for $75.

Might check your local Walmart’s and see. Trying to find the link. I’ll post it if I discover it again

YMMV is a PITA at Wally world. Brickseek is full of lies... you have to go in store to see what's up. And don't call them, if it's a good deal the employees will just nab it for themselves. As I would have, when I worked retail...

YMMV is a PITA at Wally world. Brickseek is full of lies... you have to go in store to see what's up. And don't call them, if it's a good deal the employees will just nab it for themselves. As I would have, when I worked retail...
Indeed, but in the yokel town I was in, them thar komputers was the work of the debil. They had limited stock to begin with and someone quicker than I bought out the whole 2 they had on the shelf.
I didn't even bother to look in KC. I knew better

I have one of their 4TB drives of the 2.5" variety that I'd picked up some years ago that I've basically just left in the pile for second-stage emergencies.

Essentially, despite being 'USB3', I've only gotten <USB2 speeds out of it; topping out at around 40MB/s is just too slow to be useful.

I have one of their 4TB drives of the 2.5" variety that I'd picked up some years ago that I've basically just left in the pile for second-stage emergencies.

Essentially, despite being 'USB3', I've only gotten <USB2 speeds out of it; topping out at around 40MB/s is just too slow to be useful.

Yeah none of the 2.5" usb housed drives are speedy. These are ok for occasional backups or storing movies, or data moves but they can be stupid slow especially on huge transfers.

Yeah none of the 2.5" usb housed drives are speedy. These are ok for occasional backups or storing movies, or data moves but they can be stupid slow especially on huge transfers.
Yup.

Easy solution is to buy your own enclosure if you actually need the speed out of them. Done this with plenty, and have a decade-old Toshiba 2.5" drive in a USB3 enclosure from that period that is faster than this relatively new WD!

Become a Patron!
Back