Western Digital Launches 8 TB WD_BLACK SN850X NVMe SSD with Optional Heatsink

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The WD_BLACK SN850X, a PCIe Gen4 SSD that is said to deliver unparalleled performance for hardcore gamers, featuring read speeds of up to 7,300 MB/s, is now available in an 8 TB option, Western Digital has announced.

See full article...

Now that's a size that would be too big for my use.. I just feel weird saying that... Lol.
Bah, pretty sure I heard you say almost the same thing on your OnlyFans the other day. Big fan btw - long time subscriber.

Overkill is my favorite kind of... ... ...murder?

I'd totally buy this, especially if I had a motherboard with only one good m.2 slot.

In my application, all of my file storage goes directly on the NAS, only a limited amount of stuff is local on the main machine.

I currently have 5 NVMe drives in my main system.

One Intel Optane 905p 960GB
Two Samsung 990 Pro 2TB Drives
One Samsung 980 Pro 2TB Drive
One Samung 970 EVO 1TB Drive

In total that is about 7421 GB. Only about 38.8% of that storage is in use across all drives.

The most full of the drives is the Optane drive. It's just so **** beautiful as an OS drive, that I have to use the most out of it.

The least used is the Samsung 980 drive. It's a nice drive, it's just not as nice as the 990 Pro drives, so I prioritize putting stuff on the 990's.

It looks like if I maxed out all of my drives, I could get away with only 2.9TB of storage capacity (but then I'd have no margins)

Last edited:
Bah, pretty sure I heard you say almost the same thing on your OnlyFans the other day. Big fan btw - long time subscriber.
The first rule of subscribing to my onlyfans is NOT TALKING ABOUT IT... and to bring a friend.. don't ask.

Become a Patron!
Back