Western Digital Launches WD Blue SN5000 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs with up to 4 TB Capacity for Budget Users

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Western Digital is expanding its lineup of SSDs this week with the WD Blue SN5000 Series, a new lineup of PCIe Gen 4 NVMe SSDs aimed at budget users, available in capacities ranging from 500 GB to 400 TB, capable of delivering read speeds of up to 5,500 MB/s.

See full article...

We'll see what pricing looks like but I am for affordable, name brand SSDs! I think I dropped over $300 on the 4tb black I put in the PS5. If I could see a 4tb blue for $200 or less, I would retire my ancient 5tb spinner/game drive

Western Digital has been good to me over the years, so I normally look their way for drives when I can. So it's nice to see this budget lineup.

😮that's a whole lot of games
A nice 100TB SSD to offload games to... Man if I could do tiered storage and promote games I want to play up to my NVME and games I am taking a break from to the SSD. That would be REALLY nice. I know there are some hardware solutions that are capable of hosting your steam library on your local network. That might be nice if I had like a 10 gig pipe locally.

Become a Patron!
Back