Windows 10 to Kill Off “System” Portion of Control Panel?

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
windows-10-light-logo-1024x575.jpg
Image: Microsoft

Microsoft remains hell-bent on making Windows’s legacy Control Panel obsolete. Insiders who have downloaded Windows 10 Build 20161 have discovered (via Windows Latest) that the “System” section, which lets users view basic information about their computer and change advanced settings, no longer takes them to the traditional menu. Instead, it re-directs them to the modern Settings app.

“We’re continuing to work on bringing capabilities from Control Panel forward into Settings,” explained Microsoft in its Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20161 announcement. “As part of this ongoing effort, we are migrating information found in Control Panel’s System...

Continue reading...

They need to **** right the hell off and stop breaking my control panel tools. Screw you *******s I don't like your GUI it's clunky as all hell and a piece of ****. Let me have my control panel and you keep on making your GUI easier to use for the people that don't want a traditional control panel. Are you turning off the command line? No you're making an updated more useful 3d accelerated one with panes. That's awesome. WHY would you just get rid of the control panel?

Please someone at least confirm that we can access our control panel items via the mmc interface right?

They need to **** right the hell off and stop breaking my control panel tools. Screw you *******s I don't like your GUI it's clunky as all hell and a piece of ****. Let me have my control panel and you keep on making your GUI easier to use for the people that don't want a traditional control panel. Are you turning off the command line? No you're making an updated more useful 3d accelerated one with panes. That's awesome. WHY would you just get rid of the control panel?

Please someone at least confirm that we can access our control panel items via the mmc interface right?
Couldn't agree more! Absolutely despise the "settings" menu. Like you said.. you can include or change anything you want in the settings, but leave control panel alone. No reason to touch it. But we're forgetting.. Microsoft knows what's best for us..

Become a Patron!
Back