Windows 10 Users Are Still Complaining About Poor Performance When “Game Mode” Is Enabled

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
microsoft-xbox-app-background-1024x576.jpg
Image: Microsoft

Back in April 2017, Microsoft released a new feature called “Game Mode” as part of its Windows 10 Creators Update, which promised the best possible experience by granting a game exclusive or priority access to hardware resources. Unfortunately, early adopters quickly found that the feature tended to do the exact opposite, introducing problems ranging from stuttering to lower FPS. Recurring rants on social media would suggest that Game Mode has remained problematic years later and in desperate need of a fix (for certain titles, at least).

“[Stutters and frozen screens] occur with different game titles such as Call of Duty: Warzone or League of Legends,” reported German publication...

Continue reading...

I completely forgot this thing existed. I just built this machine a couple of weeks ago and it seems "Game Mode" was turned on by default. I wonder if it was on on my older machine but I almost never had issues with any game I played.

Game mode huh... Interesting. I'll have to turn that off.

I have a work around for that!.
I kid I kid.. just turn it off of course.

Become a Patron!
Back