Xbox “Redefining Gaming” with Series X|S Lifetime Sales at 28.3 Million and PlayStation 5 at 61.7 Million: Report

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Xbox Series X|S, a fourth generation of Xbox video game consoles that Microsoft released in November 2020 to cater not only to those seeking greater performance (X), but also those on a stricter budget (S), has sold 28.3 million units since their launch nearly four years ago, while the PlayStation 5, Sony Interactive Entertainment's PS4 successor, has sold 61.7 million units since its launch in November 2020, according to a new report that explains how Xbox, despite having "lost the console war," is now "redefining gaming" with services that include Xbox Game Pass.

See full article...

Those 360 numbers have to be skewed since so many people bought more than one to replace broken ones. I know I bought 2 but one of those got replaced twice, so I actually have been through 4. Finally got a winner with the last one, a Jasper.

Oh I forgot I got "gifted" a broken one that MS wouldn't warranty and sold that one off for spare parts. But since I didn't buy it, and it never worked, I don't count that one.

Become a Patron!
Back