Xbox Series S “Lockart” Rumored to Be Half the Price of Xbox Series X

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
xbox-series-x-console-controller-1024x576.jpg
Image: Microsoft

The Xbox Series X’s little brother could be cheaper than anyone could have imagined. According to Beyond3D’s eastmen (via Wccftech), who has shared insider information in the past, Microsoft is planning to price its weaker, entry-level Series S console – otherwise known as “Lockhart” – at half the price of the Series X.

Assuming that the Xbox Series X is priced according to previous generations, we could be looking at a $250 Lockhart console, which, needless to say, would be a huge bargain. Interestingly, eastmen suggests that the systems could be even cheaper than that.

“Last I heard, it will be half the price of the Xbox Series X, and last I...

Continue reading...

Lockhart will be the big seller I think. Parents tend to go for the less expensive console for kids... and if this round is going to be $500+, no way would I be dropping $500 on my (insert derogatory comment here) kid. But $200-250, that is more tolerable.

Lockhart will be the big seller I think. Parents tend to go for the less expensive console for kids... and if this round is going to be $500+, no way would I be dropping $500 on my (insert derogatory comment here) kid. But $200-250, that is more tolerable.

Yar, for sure. Especially if Lockhart can do everything the XSX can do (performance, features, etc) but at a target 1080p instead of 4k - that could be hugely popular.

Last edited:
I'd be more than down for a Lockhart console .. I only own 1080p TV's sooo .. Perfect!

Become a Patron!
Back