Xiaomi Enters the OLED Market with 65″ 4K Mi TV Master

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
xiaomi-mi-tv-master-oled-gaming-1024x576.jpg
Image: Xiaomi

Look out, LG. Xiaomi, the Chinese company that’s best known for affordable smartphones, has launched its first OLED television, the Mi TV Master. This is a 65-inch, 4K display that delivers everything you’d expect from the incredible technology, such as a 1000000:1 contrast ratio, 1000-nits peak brightness, 178-degree viewing angle, 98.5% DCI-P3 color gamut, and support for Dolby Vision.

Unfortunately, users who were hoping for a bargain-priced OLED TV are out of luck, as the Mi TV Master is priced at 12,999 Chinese Yuan, which translates to about $1,840. That’s actually quite a bit cheaper than LG’s competing 65-inch models (e.g., the CX OLED65BXPUA, which is on...

Continue reading...

Unless the political situation magically changes in China to where they are a modern liberal democracy and productive part of the international community, I don't see myself every buying any technology product from a Chinese brand.

Huawei, Xioami, One Plus, Oppo, Motorola, Zte, Lenovo, you name it. They are all dead to me, and they should be to everyone else as well.

Nothing that uses electricity from China can be trusted. It's only an order from an intelligence officer away from being used as part of their industrial or other espionage programs.

If I were king for a day, I'd ban the import of all Chinese designed tech, and ban the export of any parts to these companies, and not back down, like they did with ZTE.

Only once they embrace true democracy in a multi-party system that defends intellectual property and civil liberties can they be trusted. Until then they should be shunned by all.

1593891263314.png

Last edited:
Ehhh lets wait to see what the sets look like. There will always be a market for the "lower end" (which doesn't always = "low end", just "lower") stuff.

What I don't get it Chinese companies like TCL and Hisense thinking they can get premium dollars for their "high end" models. Sure, they have come a long way and get good reviews... but I just cannot spend $1k+ on a Hisense etc for my living room. $500 is fine and put it in the bedroom.

Become a Patron!
Back