Yamaha Announces New Flagship HDMI 2.1 AV Receivers That It Says Aren’t Affected by 4K/120 Hz Pass-Through Issue

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
yamaha-rx-a8a-aventage-av-receiver-perfected-1024x576.jpg

Yamaha announced three new HDMI 2.1 AV receivers in its flagship AVENTAGE lineup last week, the RX-A8A, RX-A6A, and RX-A4A, which support up to 11.2 channels of audio, Dolby and DTS’s latest sound technologies (e.g., Atmos), and 8K/60 Hz and 4K/120 Hz output. According to a separate advisory, none of these receivers are affected by the bug that had prevented many HDMI 2.1 receivers from properly passing through 4K/120 Hz content from select devices such as the Xbox Series X. Yamaha warned that these units will still require a future firmware update to enable “certain HDMI 2.1 capabilities,” however.

Image...

Continue reading...

I have an A2A. It sounds and works decent enough. I don't have a 120Hz TV though, so I can't test anything with it. It does have an issue with 4K Dolby Vision sources -- the video will blank until you open the Menu on the receiver. Then after you close the menu, it will display the video as expected.

Not sure what 4k120AB means.... but overall I'd say I'm fairly happy with Yamaha receivers. I may change my mind if I do ever get a 120Hz TV and Source though

Become a Patron!
Back