Zen 3 LIVE

19% IPC Uplift?? Nice marketing slide but I want to see what Brent finds when he gets his hands on it...

I'm also afraid we won't be able to get our hands on these as the bots will be going apeshit trying to consume all the availability like they did with the 3000 series launch..

I'm also afraid we won't be able to get our hands on these as the bots will be going apeshit trying to consume all the availability like they did with the 3000 series launch..

Ryzen 3000 series availability wasn't all that bad. There were plenty of the mid-range and lower end chips on hand. Only the 3900X and 3950X had shortages. Even then, those were over with after a few weeks.

TBH, I am in no hurry to get a Zen-3. For my use case even a 19% uplift would be...unremarkable..

If the performance numbers hold true, I'll be getting a 5950X at some point. Intel's lead in gaming will officially be over and I doubt Rocket Lake is going to change that.

Ryzen 3000 series availability wasn't all that bad. There were plenty of the mid-range and lower end chips on hand. Only the 3900X and 3950X had shortages. Even then, those were over with after a few weeks.

Honestly from what I have experienced in years past, AMD didn't really have the "shortages" in their video card and processor sectors. Pretty much as you stated, the real high end chips and cards were short on launch day but was taken care of shortly there after.

If the performance numbers hold true, I'll be getting a 5950X at some point. Intel's lead in gaming will officially be over and I doubt Rocket Lake is going to change that.
Agreed. I'm looking at the 5950X for my work machine. Pair that with a nice 570X motherboard and I'm off and running!

Honestly from what I have experienced in years past, AMD didn't really have the "shortages" in their video card and processor sectors. Pretty much as you stated, the real high end chips and cards were short on launch day but was taken care of shortly there after.

AMD has had its share of paper launches in the graphics card market. However, this hasn't been the case for several years now. On the CPU side, AMD has delivered quite a bit on launch day with each Ryzen generation being readily available. You have to work at it a bit if you want the high end CPU's on launch day, or just exercise some patience.

What I'm most curious about, besides the IPC claims is the boosting behavior of these CPU's. Has AMD learned its lesson? If the boost clocks are more stable and more consistent than the previous generation, that might explain the 19% uplift along side the 8 core CCX complexes and larger shared pools of L3 cache.

Ryzen 7 5800X 8/16 3.8 / 4.7 36MB $449

Interesting prices, I doubt we will see any "Budget" pricing on the GPU side....

Ryzen 7 5800X 8/16 3.8 / 4.7 36MB $449

Interesting prices, I doubt we will see any "Budget" pricing on the GPU side....

Every CPU seems to have had a $50 price hike compared to last year's offerings. However, if you'll notice there is no 3700X equivalent. There is nothing in the $350-$400 range.

Every CPU seems to have had a $50 price hike compared to last year's offerings. However, if you'll notice there is no 3700X equivalent. There is nothing in the $350-$400 range.

oh I noticed, that's why I picked the 5800X as an example. 8/16 and all that...

Become a Patron!
Back