Disney+ Has Already Gained Over 50 Million Subscribers Five Months After the Streaming Service’s Launch

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
disney-plus-background-1024x576.jpg
Image: Disney

Disney has announced that its streaming service, Disney+, has achieved 50 million paid subscribers globally. This is a pretty impressive feat, being that it launched just five months ago in the US.

“We’re truly humbled that Disney+ is resonating with millions around the globe, and believe this bodes well for our continued expansion throughout Western Europe and into Japan and all of Latin America later this year,” said Kevin Mayer, Chairman of Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International. “Great storytelling inspires and uplifts, and we are in the fortunate position of being able to deliver a vast array of great entertainment rooted in joy and optimism on Disney+.”

Disney+’s popularity and subscription base is sure to grow even higher, as the...

Continue reading...

I mean, yeah.... all the kids are at home and no school. Easiest way to shut up kids of all ages? Disney+ for 10 bucks.

I've heard that Rick Astley is willing to share his Disney+ with anyone that asks. All of it. Except for Up. He's never going to give you up.

Lol well I've had Disney plus.. Canceled it.. And resubbed in that same time because they are doing advanced releases on disney plus for their theatrical content and I'm all about that.

I've heard that Rick Astley is willing to share his Disney+ with anyone that asks. All of it. Except for Up. He's never going to give you up.
Well ****, I've been Rick-rolled. Well done, sir. Well done.

is it actually worth the money to buy this? I've used netflix for the longest time, but wondering if 50mil users are just scammed for

is it actually worth the money to buy this? I've used netflix for the longest time, but wondering if 50mil users are just scammed for

Depends on what you're looking for. If you have kids that love watching the same Disney/Pixar movies on repeat, then this is probably a good thing for you. If you like re-watching all the Marvel MCU and Star Wars movies on a regular basis, this is also good for you. If you're looking for original content, there's not much there (other than the Mandalorian). If anything, you'd want to do a trial or sub for a month to watch the current original content and then unsub while more content shows up. I got a free one year sub with purchase of a TV back in November, so I'll have it until then, but if I didn't, I wouldn't be paying the piper every month for access, just when I want to see whatever movie is on there.

Depends on what you're looking for. If you have kids that love watching the same Disney/Pixar movies on repeat, then this is probably a good thing for you. If you like re-watching all the Marvel MCU and Star Wars movies on a regular basis, this is also good for you. If you're looking for original content, there's not much there (other than the Mandalorian). If anything, you'd want to do a trial or sub for a month to watch the current original content and then unsub while more content shows up. I got a free one year sub with purchase of a TV back in November, so I'll have it until then, but if I didn't, I wouldn't be paying the piper every month for access, just when I want to see whatever movie is on there.

Alright, I've tried to get a trial for a month and it happens that it's not available in my region. I tried several things, but it only works when nordvpn is on, asked around in their subreddit but nobody seems to know or is able to answer my question. Do you maybe know, is there a way to bypass that block without a vpn? Or maybe there's a schedule when it will be released in Poland? It works fine, but I don't want to buy a specific router so I can connect it to my TV

I'll admit I subscribe, but rarely use it since the Mandalorian ended. I try to remember from time to time to watch something on it to get my money's worth.

Alright, I've tried to get a trial for a month and it happens that it's not available in my region. I tried several things, but it only works when nordvpn is on, asked around in their subreddit but nobody seems to know or is able to answer my question. Do you maybe know, is there a way to bypass that block without a vpn? Or maybe there's a schedule when it will be released in Poland? It works fine, but I don't want to buy a specific router so I can connect it to my TV

Sounds like the typical lazy geofencing is being put in place. Have you looked into a firmware update for your router or does it support the open source firmware for routers that is out there that may have the functionality you are looking for?

I'll admit I subscribe, but rarely use it since the Mandalorian ended. I try to remember from time to time to watch something on it to get my money's worth.

I saw something about a Mandalorian documentary is landing on Star Wars day...

Sounds like the typical lazy geofencing is being put in place. Have you looked into a firmware update for your router or does it support the open source firmware for routers that is out there that may have the functionality you are looking for?

The other option could be "casting" his screen to the TV/attached TV box/Roku - i.e. Win+K, select the Roku and boom, it pipes it on over from the PC, assuming the VPN is a split tunnel thing.

To be honest, I had no idea what is an "open-source firmware for routers" at first, so I was a bit confused. Yet I've read about it and "openvpn" has a lot of hits on google, so anyway, I ordered a router that should supports it, so it should arrive in a week or two if nothing bad happens with covid. Thank you for the suggestions <3

To be honest, I had no idea what is an "open-source firmware for routers" at first, so I was a bit confused. Yet I've read about it and "openvpn" has a lot of hits on google, so anyway, I ordered a router that should supports it, so it should arrive in a week or two if nothing bad happens with covid. Thank you for the suggestions <3

Sorry here is the google results for what I was referring to.

https://dd-wrt.com/

Become a Patron!
Back